Nurses locked out until Friday
When the morning shift of Watsonville Community Hospital nurses returned Wednesday after a 24-hour strike, they learned they had been locked out by hospital administrators, and will be unable to clock back in until Friday.
In an undated, unsigned letter given to them by hospital security staff, the nurses were informed that their shifts would be covered by temporary nurses, and that they were to return to work starting Friday.
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- 3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- Top 3 Health Plan Game Changers of 2013