Nurses locked out until Friday
When the morning shift of Watsonville Community Hospital nurses returned Wednesday after a 24-hour strike, they learned they had been locked out by hospital administrators, and will be unable to clock back in until Friday.
In an undated, unsigned letter given to them by hospital security staff, the nurses were informed that their shifts would be covered by temporary nurses, and that they were to return to work starting Friday.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers