EMMC (ME) nurses to strike Nov. 22, citing failed talks
Dissatisfied with stalemated contract negotiations, unionized nurses at Eastern Maine Medical Center have planned a one-day strike to take place on Monday, Nov. 22.
The date of the strike was decided at a meeting of the nurses on Monday night. Nurses will hand-deliver the required 10-day notification to strike to EMMC officials this morning, according to nurse Judy Brown, president of the Maine State Nurses Association at EMMC.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Programs focus on high-risk patients to reduce spending