Increasingly, nurses facing violence on the job
Amber Knierim, 20, wanted to be a nurse when she grew up, her MySpace profile says.
Instead, she's in jail for beating one up - a Temple University Hospital emergency-room nurse who was attacked when she tried to keep Knierim from grabbing needles from an empty examination room on June 21.
"She picked the wrong person to mess with," said Joan Meissler, 53, of Northeast Philadelphia, now working on light duty until she heals from the beating that wrecked her finances and left her in permanent pain, angry, and disheartened.
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- When a hospital closes
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare
- US health system among least efficient before Obamacare