Jewish Hospital, CHI to merge without University Hospital
Financially struggling Jewish Hospital will merge with the Catholic St. Joseph Health System to create Kentucky's largest health system in a deal that leaves out one prospective partner—publicly owned University Hospital. The merger, which immediately takes effect, forms KentuckyOne Health, with $1.8 billion in revenue, 12 hospitals and more than 13,000 employees.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data