Are Americans getting healthier?
Americans might be getting healthier, a development that—if true—could have economic causes and consequences. The percentage of Americans who are obese declined from 2010 to 2011, according to a Gallup report released this week. The year-over-year decrease is "statistically significant," said Gallup's Elizabeth Mendes. A professor in epidemiology and medicine at the University of Iowa's College of Public Health, says "economics is driving this."
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions