Hospital offers free testing to 307 former patients
Sheridan Memorial Hospital has offered free testing for diseases to 307 former patients who had a procedure in which a potentially infected reusable airway was used. During the period in question, the sterilization procedure for the reusable airways didn't include steam autoclaving, which was contrary to the hospital's own policy and the recommendation of the airway manufacturer. The hospital recently switched to disposable airways, which are discarded after one use.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'