Hospital offers free testing to 307 former patients
Sheridan Memorial Hospital has offered free testing for diseases to 307 former patients who had a procedure in which a potentially infected reusable airway was used. During the period in question, the sterilization procedure for the reusable airways didn't include steam autoclaving, which was contrary to the hospital's own policy and the recommendation of the airway manufacturer. The hospital recently switched to disposable airways, which are discarded after one use.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals