AL hospital seeks sites for cancer, OB needs as cutbacks start
Cooper Green Mercy Hospital officials are scrambling to find medical facilities for cancer patients and new and expectant mothers as the hospital prepares to close its oncology and OB/ GYN units. Sussman said arrangements are being made to send oncology patients to UAB Hospital and the OB patients to Princeton Baptist Medical Center. Officials at those hospitals said Friday that they were unaware of any definitive plans with the county-owned hospital for the poor, which is slashing staff and departments to try to bring expenses down to the level of its revenues.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing