AL hospital seeks sites for cancer, OB needs as cutbacks start
Cooper Green Mercy Hospital officials are scrambling to find medical facilities for cancer patients and new and expectant mothers as the hospital prepares to close its oncology and OB/ GYN units. Sussman said arrangements are being made to send oncology patients to UAB Hospital and the OB patients to Princeton Baptist Medical Center. Officials at those hospitals said Friday that they were unaware of any definitive plans with the county-owned hospital for the poor, which is slashing staff and departments to try to bring expenses down to the level of its revenues.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer