SC hospital closure 'unavoidable'; urgent care center in works
The Bamberg County Hospital Board voted to close the hospital effective April 30 in a special called meeting last week. Barnwell and Bamberg counties have entered into an arrangement with an affiliate of Memphis, Tenn.-based Dobbs Equity Partners LLC to develop a regional healthcare system. The system will consist of multi-specialty physician centers in each county and construction of a regional hospital. Both hospitals filed for bankruptcy under Chapter 9 of the U.S. Code of laws while they work to restructure their debt.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts