Opinion: Hospital association "declares war" on patient empowerment
A firestorm has been triggered by the American Hospital Association's (AHA) 68 page letter (PDF) commenting on the Stage 2 Meaningful Use proposed requirements. [Part of the federal stimulus included incentive payments to healthcare providers to encourage Electronic Health Records adoption. In order to receive incentive payments, healthcare providers need to demonstrate they are meeting "Meaningful Use" requirements.] The reaction has been swift from various individuals and organizations leading the patient rights and empowerment movement.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care