Memorial Hermann to 'Twittercast' brain surgery
Memorial Hermann Hospital will provide a rare "Twittercast" of brain surgery Wednesday, the latest example of social media hospitals are using to educate and promote.The live event, featuring tweeting and delayed photos and video footage of the procedure, will look in as renowned neurosurgeon Dr. Dong Kim removes a benign brain tumor from a 21-year-old woman who recently began suffering seizures.Images of a few real-time brain surgeries have previously been distributed via Twitter, but none has included a video feed from the microscope providing the surgeon's view as the operation is performed. Memorial Hermann debuted that feature during its open-heart surgery Twittercast in February.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings
- The Drug Price Reform Debate
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- CMS' new investment model will help ACOs with health IT