Opinion: Is this patient privacy crusader doing more harm than good?
If the electronic health records industry has a nemesis, it's Deborah Peel, the founder of Patient Privacy Rights. At a time when doctors and hospitals are digitizing their paper medical records as mandated by the government, Peel, a psychiatrist, has been the most vocal agitator against loss of patient privacy.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor