Opinion: Is this patient privacy crusader doing more harm than good?
If the electronic health records industry has a nemesis, it's Deborah Peel, the founder of Patient Privacy Rights. At a time when doctors and hospitals are digitizing their paper medical records as mandated by the government, Peel, a psychiatrist, has been the most vocal agitator against loss of patient privacy.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules