Doctor sues patient over Web comments
An Orlando plastic surgeon's defamation lawsuit against an Osceola County patient could be a sign of legal struggles that will test the boundaries of freedom of speech as rating sites flourish on the Internet. Domingo Rivera, attorney for Dr. Armando Soto, said the patient's comments on RateMDs.com are not opinions protected by the First Amendment but a "malicious campaign of unlawfully defaming and spreading lies" about his client and business.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue