Doctor sues patient over Web comments
An Orlando plastic surgeon's defamation lawsuit against an Osceola County patient could be a sign of legal struggles that will test the boundaries of freedom of speech as rating sites flourish on the Internet. Domingo Rivera, attorney for Dr. Armando Soto, said the patient's comments on RateMDs.com are not opinions protected by the First Amendment but a "malicious campaign of unlawfully defaming and spreading lies" about his client and business.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness