WI healthcare systems revamping payment methods
Health systems in eastern Wisconsin are taking the first steps toward revamping the way they are paid, laying the groundwork for head-to-head competition on price and quality as well as sweeping changes in the health insurance market. Aurora Health Care is promising employers guaranteed savings if they offer a health plan that requires employees and their families to use only Aurora hospitals, doctors and other services. Froedtert Health, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare and Columbia St. Mary's Health System are part of a partnership with other health systems in eastern and north-central Wisconsin and northern Illinois that plan to do the same.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers