WI healthcare systems revamping payment methods
Health systems in eastern Wisconsin are taking the first steps toward revamping the way they are paid, laying the groundwork for head-to-head competition on price and quality as well as sweeping changes in the health insurance market. Aurora Health Care is promising employers guaranteed savings if they offer a health plan that requires employees and their families to use only Aurora hospitals, doctors and other services. Froedtert Health, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare and Columbia St. Mary's Health System are part of a partnership with other health systems in eastern and north-central Wisconsin and northern Illinois that plan to do the same.
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram