Layoffs hit Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center in Reno
Layoff notices were being handed out to Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center employees as the sale completion of the Reno nonprofit hospital nears June 30, a union head said Wednesday. California Nurses Association director Jill Furillo, whose union represents the nurses at Saint Mary’s, said Wednesday that some people have received notices that they will not be offered a job. One person was given a 14-day notice of layoff but then was escorted off the property, she said.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer