Capital Health laying off 175 employees at NJ hospitals
Capital Health officials confirmed today that approximately 175 employees at its Trenton and Hopewell hospitals will be laid off. The workers, including those in finance, management and technical areas like radiology, began receiving layoff notices yesterday. Executives at the hospital system, which opened the new 223-bed Capital Health Medical Center-Hopewell in November, called the layoffs a restructuring measure that will better balance staffing needs. The hospital ramped up hiring as the Hopewell campus neared completion last year, and now has a better idea how many employees are actually needed to handle the patient load at the new hospital, they said.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US