Open-door healthcare in Charlotte
C.W. Williams Community Health Center has been serving the Charlotte area for more than 30 years. Between its locations on Wilkinson and East Boulevard, the center offers everything from primary care to sports physicals, pediatric services to women's health and more. It also treats the homeless, and new services are in the works. This federally funded health center in Mecklenburg County is an important link in the local health care chain. By improving access to primary and preventive care for low-income people, the center can keep them from going to expensive emergency rooms and take care of small problems before they become big.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically