IL physician group still feuding with Anthem, WellPoint
A large physician practice in Bloomington remains at an impasse with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Indiana less than two months before their contract is set to expire. Premier Healthcare, which has about 70 physicians, accused the health insurer Anthem and its parent company WellPoint Inc. of generating large profits at doctors' expense. Indianapolis-based WellPoint in January promised to pay primary care physicians more or create programs where they have the chance to earn bonus payments. But Anthem officials are just beginning to talk to Indiana doctors about that initiative, Felts said, so it has yet to affect doctors' pay.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts