IL physician group still feuding with Anthem, WellPoint
A large physician practice in Bloomington remains at an impasse with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Indiana less than two months before their contract is set to expire. Premier Healthcare, which has about 70 physicians, accused the health insurer Anthem and its parent company WellPoint Inc. of generating large profits at doctors' expense. Indianapolis-based WellPoint in January promised to pay primary care physicians more or create programs where they have the chance to earn bonus payments. But Anthem officials are just beginning to talk to Indiana doctors about that initiative, Felts said, so it has yet to affect doctors' pay.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor