Ascension negotiating to sell Kansas City hospitals to HCA
Ascension Health has entered into negotiations to sell two Kansas City area hospitals to HCA Midwest Health System, which is based in Kansas City. The 146-bed St. Mary's Medical Center and 310-bed St. Joseph Medical Center are part of Carondelet Health, which is operated by Ascension. If the negotiations are successful, the two hospitals and other Carondelet Health subsidiaries in Kansas City would be sold to HCA. HCA Midwest has expressed a commitment to working with the local Diocese to preserve the hospitals' Catholic heritage if they are sold, according to a statement from Ascension Health.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers