TX fire dept joins hospital to reduce ED visits
Midland Fire Department is partnering with Midland Memorial Hospital in an attempt to lower the number of unnecessary emergency room visits. The new plan will add a physician's assistant or nurse practitioner as a part of emergency medical services. This is one of nine medical programs being developed through the Region 14 Delivery System Reform Incentive Plan—a regional health care partnership with 15 other counties.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year