Slideshow: ECRI's Top HIT Hazards
The ECRI Institute's Top 10 Health Technology Hazards report for 2013 highlights three serious hazards that ECRI says increasingly threaten both patients and providers. They involve electronic health records, health information technology systems, and personal mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablet computers, which can distract healthcare providers.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers