Healthcare sector tops list of most trusted professions
Medical professionals are some of the most trusted people in the U.S., according to new data from Gallup. The polling firm asked respondents to rate the "honesty and ethical standards" of various professions, and the top of the list is full of healthcare professionals. Nurses polled the best, with 85 percent saying they have high or very high ethical standards. They were followed by pharmacists (75 percent high or very high) and doctors (70 percent). Also among the top 10 most-trusted professions were dentists, psychiatrists and chiropractors.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts