Healthcare sector tops list of most trusted professions
Medical professionals are some of the most trusted people in the U.S., according to new data from Gallup. The polling firm asked respondents to rate the "honesty and ethical standards" of various professions, and the top of the list is full of healthcare professionals. Nurses polled the best, with 85 percent saying they have high or very high ethical standards. They were followed by pharmacists (75 percent high or very high) and doctors (70 percent). Also among the top 10 most-trusted professions were dentists, psychiatrists and chiropractors.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'