Johnston Health partnering with UNC Health Care
SMITHFIELD — The Johnston County hospital system has become the latest community care provider to align itself with a much larger partner, selecting UNC Health Care to help it expand services and lower operating costs. The decision by Johnston Health, which operates a hospital in Smithfield and an outpatient clinic in Clayton, represents a victory for UNC over its rival WakeMed, which was one of two other possible partners that Johnston had been considering. It is also another example of the type of hospital consolidation that some believe is driving up the cost of health care for patients and employers.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer