Opinion: Nurses have big role in healthcare reform
As the nation celebrates Nurses Week (today-Sunday), we recognize the contributions of all nurses as compassionate caregivers, clinicians and leaders whom Tennesseans historically have relied on for high-quality health management and prevention. We also celebrate the opportunities for nurses to contribute even more significantly to the transformation of health management by improving access to affordable care. We have an access to care problem in Tennessee, and nurses can help. The Update to the Health Care Safety Net Report, prepared by the Tennessee Department of Health, provides an assessment of health care resources including "the array of services, adequacy of services and access to care."
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations