Baptist Health to lay off 170 across company
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Baptist Health says it will lay off 170 workers across its network in Arkansas. The hospital organization said Tuesday the layoffs will mainly affect workers who aren't nurses. Arkansas Business reports the job cuts are expected to be completed by the end of the week. Baptist Health has 73,000 workers and hospitals in Little Rock, North Little Rock, Arkadelphia, Heber Springs and Stuttgart. Spokesman Mark Lowman says the cuts will not affect quality of care.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus