Business Roundup: Cadence Health, Rockford Health System to Merge
The week's largest healthcare deal announcement involves the largest health system in northwestern Illinois. Other news of merger talks comes from central New York state and Wisconsin.
Northern Illinois' Cadence Health and Rockford Health System have jointly announced that they're in merger talks.
"The Rockford Health System Board of Directors has engaged in a deliberate, comprehensive and strategic process to identify a partner to further strengthen the clinical services we provide to Rockford and the region," RHS CEO/President Gary Kaatz said in prepared remarks. "Cadence and Rockford Health System match up on all criteria, including commitment to local governance, superior clinical services and best practices, and a focus on community benefit."
RHS and Winfield, IL-based Cadence will spend the "next several months" refining the partnership, which would be subjected to regulatory review and approval.
Cadence CEO/President Mike Vivoda called the two health systems "like-minded organizations, both with a singular vision of providing excellent patient care with outstanding clinical outcomes guided by the highest standards of quality and safety. Together, we can build a leading multi-regional health system that meaningfully improves access to care, elevates quality, and lowers cost to deliver the best care and value to the communities we serve."
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion