CommonWell EHR Interoperability Pilot Announced
The electronic health record vendors in the first series of CommonWell Alliance pilots include Allscripts, Athenahealth, Cerner, CPSI, Greenway, McKesson, RelayHealth and Sunquest. Testing will begin January 1.
CommonWell Alliance announced Wednesday three regions in Illinois, North Carolina, and South Carolina where pilot testing of its cross-vendor EHR interoperability services will commence January 1.
Participating providers include Lake Shore Obstetrics & Gynecology in Chicago; Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital in Elkin, N.C.; Maria Parham Medical Center in Henderson, N.C., and Midlands Orthopaedics and Palmetto Health, both of Columbia, S.C.
The electronic health record vendors in this first series of CommonWell pilots are provided by CommonWell founding companies Allscripts, Athenahealth, Cerner, CPSI, Greenway, McKesson and Sunquest. RelayHealth, a co-founder, is providing health information exchange services between participating EHRs.
According to CommonWell, RelayHealth and the participating provider sites will be validating a patient-centric identity and matching approach, as well as a consent-driven record sharing and retrieval process across care facilities.
Specifically, the initial participating providers will support the launch by enrolling patients into the service and managing patient consent protocol. They will identify whether other provider participants have data for a patient that is enrolled in the network when the patient is at their setting of care, and transmit data to another provider that has consent to view data on that enrolled patient.
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse