Maximizing Physician Assistant Value in Hospital Settings
According to data from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, today more than 35,000 certified physician assistants (PAs) work in hospital settings. The PA workforce is growing quickly to help manage the expanding number of insured patients entering the health care system under the Affordable Care Act. Every week these PAs work approximately 1.5 million hours and see 2.5 million patients. Read about the roles and responsibilities these certified PAs fill in emergency departments, surgical subspecialties and hospital medicine.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers