$7 million 'hospital within a hospital' planned for Missouri Baptist
A Pennsylvania-based specialty group is seeking approval to operate its own "hospital" within Missouri Baptist Medical Center. Pending approval from state health regulators, the Pennsylvania group, Select Medical Corp., plans to add 38 long-term acute care (LTAC) beds to the fifth floor at Missouri Baptist, according to an application filed with the Missouri Health Facilities Review Committee. LTAC beds are reserved for patients who are typically in the hospital for more than 30 days and in need of complex care due to medical issues such as respiratory and heart failure, severe infections, slow-healing wounds, post-surgery recovery or bladder and bowel impairments.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions