Surgeons, physicians top CareerCast list of 10 best-paying jobs
The occupations deemed to be the top 10 best-paying professions by job search website CareerCast have a few things in common: Most require extensive training or education and many are intensely stressful. Seven of the 10 – including physicians, psychiatrists and orthodontists – are in the healthcare sector. Surgeons are the best paid, earning an average annual salary of $233,150 nationwide, with job openings projected to grow 18% by 2022. In California, surgeons earn $222,550 a year and can look forward to a forecast 19% boost in jobs by 2020.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal