Broadband telehealth networks coming to rural America
American Academy of Family Physicians, December 6, 2007
Rural family physicians and their patients may benefit from a recently announced Federal Communications Commission's Rural Health Care Pilot Program. The initiative will allocate $417 million for the construction of regional broadband telehealth networks, and aims to increase patient access to acute, primary and preventive healthcare.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts