Broadband telehealth networks coming to rural America
American Academy of Family Physicians, December 6, 2007
Rural family physicians and their patients may benefit from a recently announced Federal Communications Commission's Rural Health Care Pilot Program. The initiative will allocate $417 million for the construction of regional broadband telehealth networks, and aims to increase patient access to acute, primary and preventive healthcare.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs