Broadband telehealth networks coming to rural America
American Academy of Family Physicians, December 6, 2007
Rural family physicians and their patients may benefit from a recently announced Federal Communications Commission's Rural Health Care Pilot Program. The initiative will allocate $417 million for the construction of regional broadband telehealth networks, and aims to increase patient access to acute, primary and preventive healthcare.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion