Forbes.com, December 6, 2007
The Stark legislation, named after Congressman Fortney "Pete" Stark, bans physicians from "self referral." In a recent interview, Stark himself lamented that he had ever made his legislative intrusion into medical practices, and if he could would strip down the fuzzy language so the law simply forbids kickbacks.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch