Massachusetts SJC ruling adds to doctor liability
Boston Globe, December 11, 2007
The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court has ruled that a doctor can be sued over a car accident caused by his patient. The decision greatly expands the potential liability for the medical profession. The decision has upset the medical community in the state, including the Massachusetts Medical Society.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations