Fight against youth cancer enters the recording studio
New York Times, January 7, 2008
Since last year, the children's cancer center of Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children's Hospital, has expanded its arts-in-medicine therapies to include songwriting and recording. "The arts have therapeutic value," said Dr. David G. Poplack, director of the cancer center.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer