Study: Overbooking patients can be good business for docs
Denver Business Journal, January 9, 2008
Clinics that overbook patients could experience improved service and increased efficiency, according to a study. Researchers at the University of Colorado at Boulder Leeds School of Business developed a computer simulation tool that helps doctors weigh the benefits of seeing more patients and making the best use of healthcare workers and time against potential costs such as increased patient waiting and staff overtime.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers