Dispute puts some Humana patients in a bind
Louisville Courier-Journal, January 22, 2008
When a doctors' organization and Louisville, KY-based insurere Humana Inc. could not agree on a new contract, about 300 University of Louisville physicians left the insurer's network on Jan. 1. As a result, affected patients must either pay higher co-payments for visits to their University of Louisville doctor or switch doctors to get maximum benefits from their Humana plan.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives