Fat people cheaper to treat, study says
AP/Yahoo News, February 5, 2008
Preventing obesity and smoking can save lives, but it doesn't save money, according to a Dutch study. The study found it costs more to care for healthy people who live years longer, countering the common perception that preventing obesity would save millions of dollars in health costs.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013