Breaching barriers of culture and understanding
Washington Post, February 7, 2008
Silver Spring, MD-based Holy Cross Hospital's Ethnic Health Promotion Program tries to mitigate the health problems facing immigrants by having health educators, including foreign-educated doctors, help them. Through the program, preventitive health is taught in the immigrants' languages and in the context of their various cultures.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts