Breaching barriers of culture and understanding
Washington Post, February 7, 2008
Silver Spring, MD-based Holy Cross Hospital's Ethnic Health Promotion Program tries to mitigate the health problems facing immigrants by having health educators, including foreign-educated doctors, help them. Through the program, preventitive health is taught in the immigrants' languages and in the context of their various cultures.
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram