Breaching barriers of culture and understanding
Washington Post, February 7, 2008
Silver Spring, MD-based Holy Cross Hospital's Ethnic Health Promotion Program tries to mitigate the health problems facing immigrants by having health educators, including foreign-educated doctors, help them. Through the program, preventitive health is taught in the immigrants' languages and in the context of their various cultures.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer