Breaching barriers of culture and understanding
Washington Post, February 7, 2008
Silver Spring, MD-based Holy Cross Hospital's Ethnic Health Promotion Program tries to mitigate the health problems facing immigrants by having health educators, including foreign-educated doctors, help them. Through the program, preventitive health is taught in the immigrants' languages and in the context of their various cultures.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care