Breaching barriers of culture and understanding
Washington Post, February 7, 2008
Silver Spring, MD-based Holy Cross Hospital's Ethnic Health Promotion Program tries to mitigate the health problems facing immigrants by having health educators, including foreign-educated doctors, help them. Through the program, preventitive health is taught in the immigrants' languages and in the context of their various cultures.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions