New York hospital scrutinized after deaths of patients
New York Times, February 11, 2008
After the lab at Rockville Centre, NY-based Mercy Medical mixed up one patient's test with another woman's, the women had a double mastectomy and died due to complications from the surgery. In October 2007, the state Health Department concluded that the hospital had taken proper "corrective action" after the mix-up in the mastectomy case. But it is now investigating the hospital over the deaths of three other patients.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013