South Miami surgeon to give up his medical license
Miami Herald, February 13, 2008
After a stern order from the judge, Alex Zakharia, a 70-year-old South Miami heart surgeon, changed has promised to surrender his medical license as he originally agreed. In 2006, Zakharia was charged with fraud and perjury because of allegations that he exaggerated his credentials while testifying in a Michigan malpractice case. He agreed to retire by Dec. 31, 2007, but as of February 2008 he was still practicing.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives