South Miami surgeon to give up his medical license
Miami Herald, February 13, 2008
After a stern order from the judge, Alex Zakharia, a 70-year-old South Miami heart surgeon, changed has promised to surrender his medical license as he originally agreed. In 2006, Zakharia was charged with fraud and perjury because of allegations that he exaggerated his credentials while testifying in a Michigan malpractice case. He agreed to retire by Dec. 31, 2007, but as of February 2008 he was still practicing.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts