Finding a medical home may be just what the doctor ordered
Wall Street Journal (subscription required), February 14, 2008
Wall Street Journal columnist Benjamin Brewer, MD, advocates for the patient-centered "medical home" model of primary care. Brewer claims he could provide comprehensive primary care on a subscription basis for $20 a month. The problem, however, is when it comes to reimbursement, for that care, he says.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts