Finding a medical home may be just what the doctor ordered
Wall Street Journal (subscription required), February 14, 2008
Wall Street Journal columnist Benjamin Brewer, MD, advocates for the patient-centered "medical home" model of primary care. Brewer claims he could provide comprehensive primary care on a subscription basis for $20 a month. The problem, however, is when it comes to reimbursement, for that care, he says.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC