Finding a medical home may be just what the doctor ordered
Wall Street Journal (subscription required), February 14, 2008
Wall Street Journal columnist Benjamin Brewer, MD, advocates for the patient-centered "medical home" model of primary care. Brewer claims he could provide comprehensive primary care on a subscription basis for $20 a month. The problem, however, is when it comes to reimbursement, for that care, he says.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay