Finding a medical home may be just what the doctor ordered
Wall Street Journal (subscription required), February 14, 2008
Wall Street Journal columnist Benjamin Brewer, MD, advocates for the patient-centered "medical home" model of primary care. Brewer claims he could provide comprehensive primary care on a subscription basis for $20 a month. The problem, however, is when it comes to reimbursement, for that care, he says.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer