Angry parents protest dismissal of well-respected Carolinas HealthCare System pediatrician
Charlotte Observer, February 19, 2008
Mary Lindsay-Barber, a beloved pediatrician at Indian Trail Pediatrics, owned and operated by the Carolinas HealthCare System, was fired from her job on February 1. Outraged, parents who took their children to Lindsay-Barber began a campaign of protest. They started a blog--www.supportmarybarber.blogspot.com--to notify other parents and urge them to request their medical records and leave the Indian Trail group, and posted a letter to Paul Franz, executive vice president of Carolinas HealthCare System. Officials at Carolinas HealthCare said they are prohibited by state law from discussing personnel decisions.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts