Oregon malpractice insurer offers physicians a discount
Portland Business Journal, February 22, 2008
Oregon-based malpractice insurer Northwest Physicians Insurance Co. is offering discounts to doctors that use computerized personal health records and e-mail to communicate with patients. Under the program, 2,600 physicians insured by the company will receive patient safety discount points for connecting online with their patients using iHealth, which includes a practice Web site for physicians and secure e-mail and patient personal health records for patients.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'