FDA's review process under investigation
AP/Yahoo News, March 5, 2008
The Government Accountability Office is investigating whether the Food and Drug Administration's drug-review process cleared two blockbuster medications without sufficient proof of their safety or effectiveness. Sen. Charles Grassley suggested the investigation after recent studies showed the drugs may not lower the risk of heart attack and artery-clogging plaque, as assumed by millions of patients and doctors.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care