More Nevada surgery clinics to be cited
AP/Yahoo News, March 10, 2008
A inspection of Nevada outpatient surgery centers like the one believed to have spread hepatitis C to its patients has uncovered dangerous practices at four other clinics, according to the state health division. The state inspected all 50 Nevada outpatient surgery centers after it was discovered the Endoscopy Center of Southern Nevada spread the virus to at least six patients by reusing syringes and sharing vials of medication.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?