Shortage of primary care threatens healthcare system
USA Today, March 13, 2008
Although healthcare is a top domestic priority in the presidential election and there is no lack of ideas on how to fix our system, the candidates are missing the bigger picture, says primary care physician Kevin Pho, MD, in this op-ed piece in USA Today. Primary care should be the backbone of any healthcare system, but the United States takes the opposite approach by emphasizing the specialist rather than the primary care physician, Pho says.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers