Weighing costs in choosing cancer care
AP/Yahoo News, March 25, 2008
Because chemotherapy costs are rising so dramatically, the American Society of Clinical Oncology is developing guidelines on how to have a straight talk with patients about the affordability of treatment choices. The idea is to treat cost essentially as another side effect to weigh in choosing a therapy.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised