San Francisco mayor ready to sue over cuts in Medi-Cal
San Francisco Chronicle, March 26, 2008
San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom is threatening to sue the state of California over cuts to its medical insurance program for the poor. Newsom called the cuts, which would result in a 10% reduction in reimbursements to doctors who treat Medi-Cal patients, "unconscionable." Newsom said he has the support of healthcare providers around the state and that he is working to bring other California cities on board.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives