Obstetricians may avoid births due to lawsuit threats
New Orleans Times-Picayune, March 27, 2008
In the near future, medical malpractice insurance for obstetricians and gynecologists could become so expensive that only hospitals could afford coverage for birthings. Ob-gyns face sky-high medical malpractice premiums and the possibility of those rates doubling or tripling if they lose a major malpractice case. The trend has caused many of them to rethink their practice or leave the field.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer