Obstetricians may avoid births due to lawsuit threats
New Orleans Times-Picayune, March 27, 2008
In the near future, medical malpractice insurance for obstetricians and gynecologists could become so expensive that only hospitals could afford coverage for birthings. Ob-gyns face sky-high medical malpractice premiums and the possibility of those rates doubling or tripling if they lose a major malpractice case. The trend has caused many of them to rethink their practice or leave the field.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions