Slidell, LA, hospital board OKs contract
The Slidell (LA) Memorial Hospital board of commissioners have approved a three-year contract with TeamHealth to provide emergency room doctors beginning June 1, 2008. Citing increased wait times and general patient dissatisfaction, the hospital sought to part ways with Emergency Medical Physicians and Services, its former emergency room service provider. During a meeting on the matter, all of the hospital's doctors who spoke said the emergency room doctors had expressed concerns about working for TeamHealth, in part because it is a large, national company and in part because the current emergency room director likely would not stay on under TeamHealth's management.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High